Saturday, 27 May 2017

TARN (Teeshirt Yarn)



Over the last few days I've been busy making the above balls of tarn.  Nigel and I had a massive clearout of teeshirts and instead of chucking them I am sitting and cutting them up to make balls of teeshirt yarn.  I found this YOUTUBE tutorial very helpful (although the woman in the video is a tad annoying at times).  Another YouTube tutorial for joining strips of yarn can be found HERE .
The picture on the right is my tarn rug project, I'm using a big fat 12mm hook and single crochet and it is quite speedy to do although I can only do a couple of balls worth a day as it is quite hard going the makes my hands ache so its a bit of a long term project.   I'll post more pics as it grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLUE CROCHET HANDBAG

Here is my latest finished project, a crochet handbag in ice blue sparkly wool, fully lined and padded, zipped and pop...